Looking to top up your skills for 2022? Cambridge Safety is a NEBOSH Gold Learning partner, running a range of health and safety courses leading to Nebosh qualifications.
HSE Introduction to Incident Investigation
This award level qualification is aimed at managers, supervisors, SHE champions, union representatives and aspiring health and safety practitioners.
Students who achieve this qualification will be able to: carry out a solo accident investigation of non-complex accidents and incidents including: the gathering of evidence, the analysis of that evidence. It will explore the development of a risk control plan; and to contribute to team accident/incident investigations for large-scale investigations.
The course is designed to provide the information to enable delegates to carry out investigations, identify immediate and underlying causes and write a meaningful report thus enabling actions to be taken to prevent a reoccurrence.
Students will be able to understand:
- Accident/incident terminology
- Why accidents need to be investigated
- How human and organisational factors can contribute to an accident
- The accident investigation process
- What good interviewing technique looks like
- How to develop an action plan following an accident investigation.
There are no pre entry requirements for this qualification which is aimed at those undertaking accident investigations.
HSE Managing Risks and Risk Assessment at Work
Since the very first mention of general risk assessment in the Management of H&S at Work Regulations in 1992. Risk assessment has become part and parcel of the health and safety advisor role. But as the requirement to complete “suitable and sufficient” risk assessment has been incorporated into more and more legal requirements it has become the remit of the line manager, HR manager, site services manage and construction site supervisor.
This 1 day course, developed by Nebosh and the Health and Safety Executive is relevant to anyone involved in managing workplace health and safety risks including those who undertake risk assessments. The content will be particularly useful to employers, managers, supervisors, SHE champions and union and health and safety, representative.
The course is structured around the health and safety regulator for Great Britain, the Health and Safety Executive’s approach to controlling the risks caused by workplace hazards.
Students will learn how to:
- Identify hazards and be aware of some of the resources that can help
- Assess risks in low to medium risk premises using simple HSE tools
- Evaluate risks in a proportionate and sensible Manner.
The qualification concludes with a risk assessment exercise which if passed will lead to the issuing of the Nebosh HSE Award in Managing Risks and Risk Assessment at Work.
What is included if you book one of these courses?
- Enjoyable, high quality tutorials with group discussions and exercises
- A comprehensive high quality NEBOSH course book
- End assessment briefing and guidance & Assessment Fees
- Feedback and Marking of your assessment
- Nebosh Award certificate on achieving a pass
Back to blogs