The brand new 2020 syllabus and course consists of two units : NG1 which includes four elements on managing H&S and seven on a range of workplace hazards. The NG2 is the practical assessment which is in the form of a workplace based risk assessment.
NG1 Management of Health & Safety
• Why companies should manage health and safety
• Health & safety management systems—how they work and what they look like
• Managing risk—understanding people and processes
• Health and safety - monitoring & measuring
NG Workplace Hazards
• Physical & psychological health - including noise, vibration, stress, violence and radiation
• Musculoskeletal health - ergonomics, display screen equipment, manual handling & mechanical handling aids
• Chemical & biological agents
• General workplace issues
• Work Equipment
The certificate is designed to help non H&S specialists meet their health and safety obligations although many safety practitioners start with this course before progressing to the more intensive and detailed NEBOSH diploma.
Those who could benefit from this qualification include anyone with H&S responsibilities, H&S representatives, HR managers, Estates and Facilities Employees and those involved with quality and management processes.
This is a highly intensive qualification which covers a wide variety of subjects relevant to a majority of industries.
Yes, we can accept a small number of external delegates, however this will be dependent on availability of spaces, please contact us on 01733 865695 to confirm the date and
availability. Please see “Exam and Revision Packages” for more details.
“Thank you for your time and effort over the past few months. Your experience, materials, fantastic facilities and all the small touches I feel really made the course both educational and enjoyable.”