The course consists of three units : NGC1 Management of Health and Safety, GC2 Controlling Workplace Hazards and GC3 which is the practical assessment.
NGC1 Management of Health & Safety
- Health and safety foundations and legal overview
- Safety policies – “Plan”
- Organising for health and safety, including the provision of risk assessments – “Do”
- Monitoring and accident causation/investigation/reporting – “Check”
- Auditing and reviewing – “Act”
GC2 Controlling Workplace Hazards
- Movement of people - including work at height.
- Transport hazards and control
- Musculo-skeletal hazards - including use of computers and manual handing
- Work Equipment Safety
- Electrical safety
- Fire Safety
- Chemical & Biological Hazards
- Physical and physiological hazards - including noise, vibration, stress, violence and Radiation
The certificate is designed to help non safety specialists meet their health and safety obligations although many safety practitioners start with this course before progressing to the more intensive and detailed NEBOSH diploma.
This is a highly intensive qualification which covers a wide variety of subjects relevant to a majority of industries.
Yes, we can accept a small number of external delegates, however this will be dependent on availability of spaces, please contact us on 01733 865695 to confirm the date and
availability. Please see “Exam and Revision Packages” for more details.
“Thank you for your time and effort over the past few months. Your experience, materials, fantastic facilities and all the small touches I feel really made the course both educational and enjoyable.”