NEBOSH General Certificate Distance Learning
Where students are able to study on their own but feel they may benefit from some direct tutor led support the distance learning provides this option.
The package for each course contains comprehensive handouts covering the full range of the syllabus and includes practical examples and exercises to support the theoretical study required.
It is supplemented by the provision of tutor marked assessments per course unit, plus tutor support by telephone and email.
In addition to the main handouts an additional key point summary of the entire syllabus is included highlighting the essential learning points for each element to support students’ study and revision. Guidance on the completion of the work based assessment, which must be completed as part of the qualification, is also provided.
This package includes:
- Comprehensive handouts based on each Nebosh syllabus unit and element
- Key points summary - This gives an overview of the essential learning for each element in an overview format
- Important definitions and abbreviations
- Example useful forms
- Example examination questions, tutor marked and self marked assessments
- Guidance on examination techniques
- Guidance on the work based assessment of the qualification
- Provision and marking of sample exam questions
- Online resources including downloadable podcasts on all key topics within the syllabus
- Provision of a comprehensive private study guide. Once completed this can be submitted for marking to provide details on any areas where additional study or clarification is required
- Support by email and telephone for a period of 12 months from booking
The following learning hours are only an approximate guide, some delegates will take a shorter/longer amount of time and additional revision time prior to the exams should be allocated.
NG1 Management of Health & Safety
• Why companies should manage health and safety (10 hours)
• Health & safety management systems—how they work and what they look like (6 hours)
• Managing risk—understanding people and processes (18 hours)
• Health and safety - monitoring & measuring (11 hours)
NG Workplace Hazards
• Physical & psychological health - including noise, vibration, stress, violence and radiation (11 hours)
• Musculoskeletal health - ergonomics, display screen equipment, manual handling & mechanical handling aids (10 hours)
• Chemical & biological agents (10 hours)
• General workplace issues (14 hours)
• Work Equipment (9 hours)
• Fire (7 hours)
• Electricity (6 hours)
|Distance Learning||Exam Fees||Optional Revision Session|
|Full Course (NG1, NG2)||£425.00 + vat (£510.00)||£116 * + £65 + vat (£194.00)||NG1 £60.00 + vat (£72.00)
NG2 briefing £50.00 + vat (£60.00)
Once payment has been received, the study package will be sent by recorded delivery.
Optional Tutorials, Revision and Exam Preparation Sessions
Additional tutorial days on specific topics, for a maximum of 4 days per unit, are available, places permitting. Please ask for our current course agenda for dates and topics.
Revision tutorials are run prior to the examinations, these aim to cover a range of issues from the relevant syllabus, focus on examination techniques and give candidates an opportunity to do a variety of practice examination type questions. It also enables delegates to clarify any points from the syllabus which they are unsure about. Time permitting a mock assessment or examination is also used to prepare candidates for their formal examinations.
Sitting the Examinations
Study may commence at any time and you have the flexibility of choosing when to sit your examinations. However please note that to enter for any Nebosh exam or assessment, exam registration must be made approximately 10 weeks before the examination date, for example if the exam date is the 10th of June, candidates must register with their examination centre by the 15th of April. Details of the exam dates and registration dates are provided once you have booked on, or if you have a specific exam date in mind please contact us to confirm when you will need to be registered. Exams for certificate level qualifications are available at least four times a year. We shall contact you if you have not made contact with us regarding your study for a period of 6 months.
NG2 – The NG2 practical application submission must be registered with Nebosh as per the NG1 exam. The inspection and report must be completed and submitted within 7 days of the examination, either 7 days before or after the date of their examinations.
If you wish to sit your exams with Cambridge Safety, email firstname.lastname@example.org with the exam date you wish to sit, and we will confirm availability and send you an exam registration form
“Thank you for your time and effort over the past few months. Your experience, materials, fantastic facilities and all the small touches I feel really made the course both educational and enjoyable.”