Manual Handling Training at Cambridge Safety
We also offer a one-day manual handling risk assessment course. Speak to our team to find out more.
All our sessions contain a tutor presentation via laptop and projector on what manual handling involves, how injuries occur and how to avoid these injuries through safe handling techniques. All our training is designed to be engaging with up to date practical examples of both good and bad manual handling practice. It’s all about empowering delegates to contribute to the safety of their work area and protect their bodies from preventable injury.
To check competency, delegates can also be given a short assessment to test their knowledge of the critical issues; the employer can use this as evidence not only of training but also understanding.
- Identification of Manual Handling associated hazards
- Study of the anatomical system
- Common Manual Handling injuries and their prevention tactics
- Healthy lifting techniques and how to use handling aids
Why Choose Cambridge Safety?
- Experienced trainers - With 22 years’ experience in teaching essential health and safety courses, all of our trainers have been trained with Cambridge Safety, and have plenty of experience and expertise to impart to their trainees.
- Inclusive training - We offer an inclusive training program, ensuring that trainees with learning difficulties, such as dyslexia and dyspraxia, are fully supported and complete their training with confidence.
- Engaging Courses - We don’t just whizz through the training, we tailor all our training content to ensure it’s both informative and engaging.
Manual Handling Risk Assessment
There is the option to include a test which can give employers peace of mind that their employees have understood their training and retained the essential information.