NEBOSH Construction Certificate Online
We offer Nebosh Online Course and Open Learning study options for people who are unable to attend our classroom teaching. E-Learning is a popular choice for those who need a flexible schedule and enjoy an interactive style of learning.
Our NEBOSH Construction Certificate Online course will give you access to a range of interactive resources on our specially created e-Learning website, including progress quizzes, and engaging video clips and podcasts. You’ll also receive the same tutor support as our distance learning and can request a hardcopy of our course materials if you wish. We will send your student log-ins and information pack via email once you’ve booked onto the course and payment has been received.
The course consists of three units : NGC1 Management of Health and Safety, NCC1 Managing and Controlling Hazards in Construction Activities and NCC2 which is the practical assessment
NGC1 Management of H&S
- Health and safety foundations and legal overview
- Safety policies – “Plan”
- Organising for health and safety, including the provision of risk assessments – “Do”
- Monitoring and accident causation/investigation/reporting – “Check”
- Auditing and reviewing – “Act”
NCC1 Managing and Controlling Hazards in Construction Activities
- Construction law and management
- Construction site - hazards and risk control
- Vehicle and plant movement - hazards and risk control
- Musculoskeletal hazards and risk control
- Work equipment - hazards and risk control
- Electrical safety
- Fire safety
- Chemical and biological health - hazards and risk control
- Physical and psychological health - hazards and risk control
- Working at height - hazards and risk control
- Excavation work and confined spaces - hazards and risk control
- Demolition and deconstruction - hazards and risk control
The course is aimed at those within the construction industry who are required to ensure that activities under their control are undertaken safely. It is also useful for those concerned with the management of buildings who may need to ensure that contractors are working safely.
The NEBOSH National Construction Certificate is suitable for:
- Construction Managers, Team Leaders, and Supervisors
- Estates and Facilities Managers
- Those involved in the selection of contractors
Those who hold the NEBOSH construction certificate are entitled to become members of a range of professional bodies, including the Institution of Occupational Safety and Health (IOSH) and the International Institute of Risk and Safety Management (IIRSM).
Completing the Practical Assessment
The NCC2 practical application submission must be registered with NEBOSH and the inspection and report must be completed and submitted within seven days of the examination.
You are usually required to complete the practical assessment on site at your place of work.
Once you have completed each study section, you will be ready for your Nebosh Construction exam. Just bear in mind that you must register at least 10 weeks before the examination date.
For the NEBOSH Construction course there are two exams, the first of which can be done remotely.
- NGC1 Exam - Open Book Exam accessed online at home or other place of your choice
- NCC1 Exam - Two hour written exam held at Cambridge Safety
If you’ve already passed the Nebosh General Certificate or Health and Safety Diploma within the last five years you will not need to complete the NGC1 exam - you will only have to do the NCC1 and NCC2.
A full list of exam and registration dates will be provided once you have booked on a course. If you have a specific date in mind, you can contact us to confirm when you will need to be registered. You can choose to take the 2 hour classroom exam at our test centre in Peterborough or with another centre.
If you wish to sit your exams with Cambridge Safety, you can email us at email@example.com with your proposed exam date. We will confirm availability and send you an exam registration form.
If you have a learning disability, such as dyslexia, we can accommodate the exams to make sure you are fully supported. As an inclusive course provider there are a number of things we can do to help. If necessary, we can give you more time to complete the exam or provide a separate room.
Yes, we can accept a small number of external delegates, however this will be dependent on availability of spaces, please contact us on 01733 865695 to confirm the date and
availability. Please see “Exam and Revision Packages” for more details.
NEBOSH Gold Partner
NEBOSH is a leading accredited and internationally recognised health and safety qualification for businesses. Being a NEBOSH gold partner is a testament to our commitment to delivering exceptional training, support, and learning resources for all our delegates.
We are a small, closely knit team who really care about our students and their success. We deliver the highest quality health and safety training available, with a course that has been 100% designed by us. All our tutors are Cambridge Safety employees and are carefully chosen for their expertise and engaging teaching styles.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, you can. If you need to retake an exam our tutors will offer the best support possible to make sure you’re prepared and confident in your ability to pass the exam next time round.
- Over 22 Years Experience
- Highly Qualified Tutors
- Pass Rates Well Above the National Average
- Help Progress Your Career in Construction
- Nebosh Gold Learning Partners
- Tailored Learning Styles
- Over 200 educational YouTube videos and podcasts
“Thank you for your time and effort over the past few months. Your experience, materials, fantastic facilities and all the small touches I feel really made the course both educational and enjoyable.”