The course consists of three units : NGC1 Management of Health and Safety, NCC1 Managing and Controlling Hazards in Construction Activities and NCC2 which is the practical assessment
NGC1 Management of H&S
- Health and safety foundations and legal overview
- Safety policies – “Plan”
- Organising for health and safety, including the provision of risk assessments – “Do”
- Monitoring and accident causation/investigation/reporting – “Check”
- Auditing and reviewing – “Act”
NCC1 Managing and Controlling Hazards in Construction Activities
- Construction law and management
- Construction site - hazards and risk control
- Vehicle and plant movement - hazards and risk control
- Musculoskeletal hazards and risk control
- Work equipment - hazards and risk control
- Electrical safety
- Fire safety
- Chemical and biological health - hazards and risk control
- Physical and psychological health - hazards and risk control
- Working at height - hazards and risk control
- Excavation work and confined spaces - hazards and risk control
- Demolition and deconstruction - hazards and risk control
The NEBOSH National Construction Certificate is aimed at Supervisors, Managers, Estates and Facilities managers, all those involved in the selection of contractors, as well as construction managers. The course is aimed at those within the construction industry who are required to ensure that activities under their control are undertaken safely. It is likely to prove useful for those concerned with the management of buildings who may need to ensure that contractors are working safely.
The qualification is also appropriate for supervisors and managers working in other industries and work functions such as facilities and estates management.
Those who have passed the Nebosh General Certificate Management paper (NGC1) or the National Diploma in H&S within the last five years only have to sit the NCC1 & NCC2 elements of the course (upgrade course). Contact us for further details of eligibility.
Yes, we can accept a small number of external delegates, however this will be dependent on availability of spaces, please contact us on 01733 865695 to confirm the date and
availability. Please see “Exam and Revision Packages” for more details.
“Thank you for your time and effort over the past few months. Your experience, materials, fantastic facilities and all the small touches I feel really made the course both educational and enjoyable.”